Because Every Drop Counts...
As responsible members of the Chicagoland community, #1 Plumbing Company, Inc is always happy to help our customers and their residents make the right decisions when it comes to saving water and energy. Not only is it responsible and good for the environment, but choosing to make conservation a priority in your home or place of business saves you money. It really is a win-win situation for everyone involved. We not only get to keep our community beautiful and save our finite resources, but doing so improves your bottom line as well. There are some things everyone can do to help conserve water and energy. We are happy to help you make the right decision to save water and energy. Here are some of the easiest and most obvious choices you can make to make our world a greener place while saving yourself water and energy costs:
CONSERVATION! Some choices are obvious…
- Only use your washer and dryer when you have a full load of clothes. Washing partial loads uses up just as much water and energy while getting less done.
- Turn your thermostat up when you’re away from home. There’s no reason to run the air conditioner 24/7 if you’re not going to be there.
- Turn off all lights, appliances, and electronics which aren’t in use. It just makes sense.
- Install energy-efficient light bulbs. Not only do they use less energy, but they last longer, resulting in less trash in our landfills.
- Recycle, recycle, recycle. Chicago has a fantastic recycling program which too few residents take advantage of. If it can be re-used, don’t throw it in the trash, where it will end up in our landfills.
- Select and install water-efficient toilets. Many older toilets dump a whole 5 gallons of water every time you flush. Newer toilets get the job done, and get it done better, with 1.6 gallons or less. #1 Plumbing Company, Inc can help you select and install water saving toilets so you stop literally flushing money down the drain.
- Select and install energy efficient water heaters. #1 Plumbing Company, Inc will make sure your water heater is installed correctly for optimum efficiency.
If you have any questions regarding how you can conserve water and energy, or to have energy efficient water heaters and water saving toilets installed.
The folks at #1 Plumbing Company, Inc are the Chicagoland plumbers with decades of experience who can fix anybody’s plumbing. Let us help you to help yourself and the environment by going green with your plumbing needs.
Go Green. It’s for a healthier planet.